Jasmine Talent Selection Program for Students to Study in Jiangsu (TSP) is a new program spearheaded by the Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship. Selected applicants will receive extra allowances from Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship apart from the scholarships they receive from their universities. TSP intends to select outstanding students and support them as they pursue degrees in Jiangsu. Jiangsu University is one of the universities implementing Jasmine TSP Plan.
I. Supporting Category, Duration, Instruction Language and Major
1. This program supports 20 master and 20 Phd students for 2018 September Intake.
2. Duration: 3 academic years.
3. Instruction Language: English
4. Major: Master/Doctoral Program in Agricultural Engineering
Master/Doctoral Program in Control Science and Engineering
Master/Doctoral Program in Electrical Engineering
Master/Doctoral Program in Food Science and Engineering
Master/Doctoral Program in Power Engineering and Engineering Thermophysics
Master/Doctoral Program in Traffic Enginerring
Master/Doctoral Program in Mechanical Engineering
II. Scholarship Coverage
The university covers tuition fee, accommodation, monthly allowance and comprehensive medical insurance. Each scholarship recipient will get extra 10000 CNY as the TSP allowance for all the academic years from the Jiangsu Government.
III. Application Requirements
Applicants must meet the following basic requirements for the TSP program at Jiangsu University:
1. Applicants must hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificates for four years or above, and have an actual overseas residential record for at least two years over the last four years (by the end of April 30 of the application year).
2. Applicants must apply from abroad. Requirements may be flexible on an individual basis if the applicant is an outstanding new graduate from other universities in Jiangsu and is recommended by his or her graduating school.
3. Applicants should be in good health according to the Exit and Entry Administration Law of the People’s Republic of China.
4. Applicants should have a good knowledge of and friendly attitude toward China, abide by laws and regulations, and have no criminal record.
5. Applicants should have good grades that meet the enrolment requirements of the TSP program.
6. Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation to prove that applicant’s performance at school and academic capabilities are well qualified for further education in Jiangsu.
7. Applicants from non-English speaking countries should submit a valid proof of English proficiency.
8. Master program applicants should have obtained a bachelor’s degree and be 30 years old or under. Doctoral program applicants should have obtained a master’s degree and be 35 years old or under.
IV. Application and Admission
Applicants can refer to the website http://www.studyinjiangsu.org for details of programs, hosting universities and application procedures.
More information are here:
1. General information of TSP Plan:
2. Programs of TSP Plan:
3. Application Guide:
Applicants who apply for Jiangsu University's Program of TSP Plan should log to the official website of "Study in Jiangsu" (http://www.studyinjiangsu.org) to fill out TSP application form and submit application documents before April 30. Required documents include:
1. Application Form of the TSP;
2. Personal statement (500 words above);
3. Endorsed education certificate and transcript;
4. A copy of passport and relevant residential certificates;
5.Health certificate or Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
Please note that the physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
6. Proof of no criminal record;
7. Certificate of English language proficiency for applicants from non-English speaking countries (TOEFL 80 or above/IELTS 6.0 or above);
8. Two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors;
9. Study plan with a minimum of 800 words;
10. Other supporting materials (if available, such as certificates of awards and training, etc.).
Applicants must submit scanned copies of the materials mentioned above at the time of application. Original copies must be submitted at the time of registration. Please notice that all submitted documents will not be returned.
After the submitted documents are accepted, the university will review and make recommendations. The applicants may have to be interviewed by the university. A list of candidates for the specific program that year will be sent to the review committee of the TSP for approval. Meanwhile, schools in the program will inform the aimed students of pre-admission and guide them to finish necessary steps of formal admission. The list of approved candidates will be announced on the official website of "Study in Jiangsu" by June 30.
V. Assessment and Management
1. Elimination mechanism. To ensure students are outstanding, we will carry out a comprehensive annual review of students on their academic grades, learning attitudes, class attendance, behavior, rewards and punishment. Those who fail to reach the standard of TSP will be disqualified from it and no longer enjoy benefits provided by the program.
2. An appropriate proficiency in Chinese language. To make selected candidates to understand Chinese culture better, graduates from the program must reach a certain standard of Chinese language to be granted a "Honorary Certificate for Having Completed TSP Program". For graduates with a master’s degree (in English medium), they must obtain HSK3 or higher if they want to get the certificate.
VI. Contact Information of JSU
Admission Office, Overseas Education
Jiangsu University, CHINA
Address: 301 Xuefu Road, Zhenjiang, Jiangsu Province, P.R.C., 212013
08:30-11:30 | 13:30-16:30
Admissions Office: +86-511-88792366
Students' Affairs: +86-511-88792566
Teaching Affairs: +86-511-88792216
No. 301 Xuefu Road, Zhenjiang, Jiangsu P.R. China 212013