Admission Open—Jiangsu University 2018 MBBS Program (English Medium)
Jiangsu University enrolls international undergraduates on MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) program, with English as medium of teaching. The study duration of MBBS program is 6 years (including 1-year internship). Graduates who reach the qualification of graduation will be awarded “Diploma Certification” and graduates who reach the qualification of the Degree Rule will be awarded the Bachelor Degree of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, MBBS.
2. NUMBER OF ENROLLMENT
Orientations, Overview of China, Inorganic Chemistry, Higher Mathematics, Chinese Language, Computer Science, Medical Physics, Organic Chemistry, Cell Biology, Systematic Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Chinese Medicine Language, Medical Law, Regional Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Pathophysiology, Pathology, Parasitology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Medical Genetics, Medical Ethics, Basic Surgery, Diagnostics, Health Administration, Nuclear Medicine, Rehabilitation Medicine, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Epidemiology, Medical Statistics, Hygienics, Community Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Dermatology and Venereology, Emergency Medicine, Lemology, Neurology, Psychiatry, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Forensic Medicine, E.N.T., Stomatology, Pediatrics, etc.
4. CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY
(1) The qualified applicant should be over 18-year-old and under 25-year-old with good physical and mental health. Applicants under 18-year-old and above 16-year-old should submit parents’ confirmation letter and authorization letter of legal guardians in China.
(2) To the applicant who abandoned his/her original Chinese nationality then joined a foreign nationality, Jiangsu University follows the Document No. 83 (2009) from Ministry of Education of China, which can be generally found as follows: If the applicant, who emigrates from any region like China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macao or Taiwan, applies for our university as an international student, then he/she should hold the valid foreign passport or nationality prove for above (including) four years, and a record of actual living in the abroad in the recent four years (actual living in the abroad at least for nine months can be counted as one year, which is subject to the signature page of the passport entry and exit.) . According to the Document No. 83 from the Ministry of Education of China, applicant who abandoned his/her Chinese Nationality then joined a foreign nationality, should submit the documents as follows: Naturalization prove; Cancellation of the original proof of residence; Signature page of the passport entry and exit of the last four years; Study certificate in the abroad in recent four years.
(3) Requirement of high school exam results
Students who submit Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test (TOEFL IBT) result have priority to be admitted. Applicants who submit the above exam result must also provide high school result.
●Applicants who attend the GCE A-Level examination should submit GCE A-level result. The obtained grades of all the subjects should be B or above.
Applicants who submit local national university entrance exam should have average score of 80% or above.
For Indian Applicants: Applicants must attend CBSE (NEET) and secure minimum of 260 points (or overall ranking around 150 thousand).
The subjects of the above exam requirement mainly refer to physics, chemistry, biology and English and it is the basic requirement of enrollment. The university will choose the most outstanding students based on comprehensive performance in SAT, IELTS, TOEFL IBT, GCE A-Level and national university entrance exam results.
5. APPLICATION DATE
Apply from April 20, 2018 to August 10, 2018. If Jiangsu University already enrolled 100 students before the deadline of admission, the admission work will be finished earlier.
6. WAY OF APPLICATION
Self-apply or apply via agents. In either way, applicants should apply through “Jiangsu University School of International Education Online Application System for International Students” (hereinafter referred to as “application system”).
7. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
(1) Log on the application system and upload the required documents. The website of the application.
(2) Admission office will do the initial review and give feedback within 10 working days after the applicants submitted all the required documents successfully. To the applicants who pass the initial review, admission office will send a system message of “pass initial review” and paying admission deposit, meanwhile send an electrical admission letter and a formal notice of paying admission deposit to the applicant’s email.
(3) The admitted applicant should pay CNY400 as application fee and $1000 or CNY6, 000 as admission deposit within 15 days after he/she received admission letter. If the admitted applicant comes to register on the required dates, the deposit will be transferred to fees they need to pay and the student needs to pay the rest of the tuition fee after deduction of the deposit money; if the students cannot come register on time, the admission deposit will not be refundable.
(4) The admitted applicant should upload the deposit remittance receipt to online application system.
(5) Jiangsu University will send official Admission Notice and the Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) according to the contact information the applicant left in the application system after receiving the deposit of the admitted applicant.
(6) Admitted applicants should go to the embassies or consulates of P. R. China to apply for the X Visa to study in China, along with the Admission Notice and the JW202 form.
(7) Admitted applicants are required to come to the Overseas Education College（OEC），Jiangsu University, to register on the specified date, with the originals of the Admission Notice, the Physical Examination Form, and the JW202 form and original copies of application documents uploaded in the application system.
8. REQUIRED ATTACHMENT
（each attachment should be in A4 size, jpg format, and less than 0.5MB）
(1) Passport copy with at least 1- year validity period.
(2) Highest diploma/degree (notarized photocopy). If the applicant is pursuing study or working at the time of application, should submit bona fide certificate or work experience certificate alone with the application form. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
(3) Transcripts of the most advanced studies (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
(4) Certificate of non-criminal punishment
(5) Other attachments
9. FEE STRUCTURE
Following expenses are for first year only
Application Fees: 400 CNY
Registration Fees: 200 CNY
Deposit for Dormitory: 500 CNY
Bedding Items: 400 CNY (pillow, bed sheet, blanket, mattress etc.)
Physical Examination: 400 CNY (to be paid to Entry-Exit Inspection & Quarantine Bureau)
Annual Expenses from first year to last year
Accommodation: 4,500 to 4,900 per person per academic year (Double-room)
Medical Insurance Fee: 600 CNY/ year (to be paid to the life insurance company)
Resident Permit: 400 CNY (to be paid to Public Security Bureau by candidate)
Books: Flexible, about 600 CNY/year
Living expenses: Approximately 1,000 CNY/month (Depends on your personal budget)
10. JSU Presidential Scholarship
1) JSU Presidential Scholarship will provide 10,000 CNY for those who are in 10% (at least pass each course with 60, no more than 10 persons) of the Baseline Exam for 2018 MBBS students.
2) A score of more than 400 for CBSE (NEET) can be converted into a test score for Baseline Examination and used for the assessment of JSU Presidential Scholarship, which can also enjoy 10,000 CNY.
11. CONTACT INFORMATION
College website: http://oec.ujs.edu.cn/
Online application system: http://admission.ujs.edu.cn
Address: 301 Xuefu Road, Jingkou District, Zhenjiang, Jiangsu Province, P.R.China
Zip Code: 212013
08:30-11:30 | 13:30-16:30
Admissions Office: +86-511-88792366
Students' Affairs: +86-511-88792566
Teaching Affairs: +86-511-88792216
No. 301 Xuefu Road, Zhenjiang, Jiangsu P.R. China 212013